Is Bellator Better Than UFC? | Explained
Mixed Martial Arts has several competing organizations including the UFC and Bellator. In this page we will go over a popular question, is Bellator better than the UFC?
Table of Contents
- Is Bellator Better Than the UFC?
- Differences Between Bellator and the UFC
- Does Bellator Pay More Than the UFC
Is Bellator Better Than the UFC?
Bellator is the rivaling company of the UFC, and is commonly referred to as the UFC's biggest rival in MMA. In simple terms, the UFC is known as the number 1 MMA organization in the world, with Bellator coming in at number 2. As far as overall fighter pay, fight quality, and quality of the divisions of the fighters, the UFC is at the top of the mountain.
A simple metric that illustrates this are the twitter followers of the two organizations. The UFC is almost nearing 10 million followers, while Bellator has just passed half a million followers.
There are a few differences between the two organizations, which are covered below.
Differences Between Bellator and the UFC
- Fighters are able to secure their own sponsorships and wear the logos of those sponsors on their shorts
- One fighter wears blue gloves, and the other fighter wears red gloves
- 2 Women's weight classes
- 7 Men's weight classes
- Scott Coker is the face of the business
- Bellator has a television deal with Showtime
.@RomeroCotton and @DaltonRosta will go to war on Saturday, January 2️⃣9️⃣th LIVE from The @FootprintCNTR.— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) January 8, 2022
Scoop up your 🎟s for #Bellator273 via the link below👇
🔗 https://t.co/CkHKGujJKr pic.twitter.com/qbpVj0rZ7R
- They have a Venum deal for the fighters. The fighters get paid anywhere from $500-$2,000 per fight for this sponsorship
- The Venum deal requires fighters to wear a certain uniform, and according to the UFC, it legitimizes the sport as everyone wears the same attire
- 4 Women's weight classes
- 8 Men's weight classes
- Dana White is the face of the business
- UFC has a television deal with ESPN
- The UFC has had a 15 year head start on Bellator
- Famous fighters such as Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Khabub Nurmagomedov & Ronda Rousey have fought in the UFC
Does Bellator Pay More Than The UFC?
Overall, the UFC pays more than Bellator does. Although the UFC contracts vary greatly depending on where a fighter is signed from, the mid tier and top tier UFC fighters get paid much more than the mid tier and top tier Bellator fighters.
We've created an article that explains in depth whether Bellator pays more than the UFC.